Thursday, November 4, 2010

Growing Our Businesses Using Our Inner Strengths

Owning your own online business is a fantastic way to increase your wealth while also staying home with the kids. I began my business in 2001, and it has morphed in ways I could never have imagined. Throughout the years I have discovered that my business has grown and changed according to my inner strengths.

When I first began my business, I concentrated on skill - what I provided my clients - the actual tasks at hand. It took time before I realized that I had so much more to give! Although I didn't know it at the time, I began looking into myself, my inner strengths, and began bringing those strengths into my business. That is when I began to notice my business growing rapidly!

As a writer, I was providing copy writing to my clients. As my inner strengths began to shine, I realized that my clients liked my "out of the box" thinking and began asking for my advice for how to put programs and products together for their business. I also discovered that I really loved creating programs and products! That's when I decided to make a shift in my business; rather than just providing copy writing, I began assisting clients in developing all types of products and programs.

My business began to make another shift, I noticed that the majority of my clients were coaches - business, life, food and others - so there was something unique in what I was providing that attracted those in the coaching industry. So I did some searching once more, I found that because coaches require unique packages and services to grab the attention of their audience, their products and programs must be unique as well. My sometimes extreme thinking turned out to be my strength; coaches who want to stand out come to me for unique program and product creations.

So what does this mean for you? What are your inner strengths? Rather than waiting until they hit you, as I did, try taking some time to look into yourself, brainstorm on what it is you thrive on and then begin thinking about sharing those gifts with others. Who would prosper from your unique gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment